Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reflections of a Semester

As this year finally draws to a close, the times have gone by like blurs on an impressionist's canvas. I only have one semester of undergraduate college left and I will be applying for graduate school soon. Around this January I'll will be applying for several graduate programs, but my first choice is the University of Oklahoma, whose research programs first inspired me to begin my interest in meteorology.

However even with these things that I've wanted all my life, I know that reality can make things so much different. Like the recession and other social problems around me I know that things don't always work out the way they should and sometimes this life can feel very loveless and appear like a frigid void. However as my personality is slowly revealing itself after so many years of remaining hidden I now look at my goals through a different lens.


What I want in life, more than any prestige, dollar amount, or charisma worship from other people is simply love and acceptance; more valuable to me than any profit that I will ever attain. If I can even reach that level of living and at the same time contribute anything, at any level, to my science; then I know that most of my life goals have been met, and even in this sometimes broken world of ours I will come to know a content that I have been seeking for a very long time.

Have a nice day!
Justin Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment